Thursday 20 February 2014

under the mask (dreams and desires)

1 Samuel 16:7


In the scriptures Christ often taught people not to take things at face value. With the widows might he taught his apostles that even the smallest act on the surface could be a great sign of love and obedience to God. On the other hand Christ continually talked with religious leaders (Pharisees and Sadducees) who on the surface were upright men before God but inwardly they were trying to catch his out and prove him to be a liar. "wolves in sheeps clothing"

What made me start thinking about this is a phrase I found which really made me stop and think.

"If you give a man a mask, he will show you his true face".

This really made me think; people are able to hide so much of what they think and who they are. They have dreams, desires and troubles that more often than no-one will ever see or know about for a whole host of reasons, most of which involve how they think the people around them will react. There is so much that we are unable to see that it's impossible for us to be able to judge one person from the next.




This is why I am so grateful that I have the lord looking out for me. I am in the same boat as anyone else in this, I have fears and things I hide from people, but I am very grateful that I know I have a Father in heaven who knows me perfectly and be there for me and all the dreams I'm too afraid to express.




1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. Sometimes it feels like I wear too much of a mask, but you're right. The lord knows our desires, he knows us better than anyone else. I'm glad he understands me and knows me.

    ReplyDelete